Monday, May 3, 2010

rank the projects

The one as I have already mentioned was the long take, loved filming with the bolex. I wish we had done something a little different with it. But when it is a group project, what you gonna do... I now as you know am on a bolex quest, Already acquired the 8mm searching for a good 16. I love the texture of the film.

Next in line the Mystery workshop, I liked learning the 3-d at least the old school or red blue way. My last post was about this so I will move on

The Camera less I also enjoyed, I like see the different ways to manipulate film stock. I would like to incorporate filming on the bolex and some of these techniques. EXPERIMENTING WITH THE LASER WAS COOL TO, BUT IT IS QUITE TIME CONSUMING, sorry about the caps not yelling just doing ten things at once as usual. The laser kind of defeats the non tech aspect that I Like. (and sorry for the multiple updates, I keep getting interrupted)


The multiplane animation would have to be next, although I would have like to have more time to set up and design more elaborate "sets" ..hind sight, and then there is that group aspect again, and time restrictions as usual, just life....

Mystery prop was ok, I had hoped it would look more animated that it did but i was trying the hold the thing underwater. I really like how filming trough the bulb looked though, it gave me and idea for how to shoot something.

Lastly the F0und footage -at the bottom, one reason I have done it before another I typically do not like the result, they usually look just like u-tube shit, making fun of an actor or making a political statement. When I try to do something different with it nobody gets it and think I am dark or angry, I am neither my art just looks that way sometimes. I have a very dark since of humor...

Anyway enjoyed the class, I wish I had more time this semester to give it my full attention, but same old song and dance, working 9-5, school, life, I am always running out of time and driving myself crazy :)

later

No comments:

Post a Comment