Monday, March 15, 2010

scratch film junkies 2

St Louise - Watching this after working on our own cameraless piece I had a greater appreciation for the amount of time and intent that goes these films. I found myself trying to figure out what technique they had used during the sequences, especially the way their animation seemed to move horizontally, I had only dealt with it in a vertical fashion. I also like the use of stock footage, something I wish I used more in the 1st project. The rhythm of the film impressed me, I found this to be a challenge in the piece I did. For some reason I wrote crazy pig man but I do not remember why, I think it had something to do with the use of actually footage and opposed to purely hand manipulation. Although I do not foresee doing this type of film, I think elements of manipulation can be used to enhance narrative film form. I again use the example of tests, using different techniques and experimentation can lead to further creativity and expansion in the art of film.

No comments:

Post a Comment